Planning a vacation? According to USA Today, the top five off-peak summer vacation locations offering the most bang for your buck this season include:
1. South Africa –You not only get the season’s lowest prices, but many animals are easier to spot, and the weather is less humid during the “winter” months in this part of the world.
2. Costa Rica – Summer is a smart time to visit this tropical paradise because of cheaper accommodations and smaller crowds.
3. St. Lucia – The visitor’s bureau on this tiny island nation offers savings up to 40% for summer travelers.
4. Salt Lake City – Sure, it is a great location for ski enthusiasts, but Utah is perfect for all-season lovers of the great outdoors. Salt Lake City offers bargains galore aimed at bikers and hikers this season.
5. Baja California – Prices are low because of declining travelers south of the border, and it is not surprising considering the crime levels reported in the news. However, there are no travel warnings in effect for Cabo San Lucas and La Paz in Baja.
1. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
2. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
3. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
4. My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea M. Cameron
5. The Upside of Letting Go by Nacole Stayton
How about a movie? Rainy summer days are always a great time to escape to your local multiplex. Here are five anticipated movies coming soon to a theater near you:
1. Now You See Me – where illusion meets Robin Hood – May 31
2. Tiger Eyes – the first Judy Blume novel to make it to the big screen – June 7
3. Man of Steel – Superman for a new generation – June 14
4. The Lone Ranger – if you need a Johnny Depp fix – July 3
5. I Give it a Year – the comic trials and tribulations of a newlywed couple’s first year – August 9
Happy Memorial Day!