Just the mention of a drive-in brings back memories of dressing in pajamas and bringing blankets and pillows so you could sleep in the back of the station wagon while Mom and Dad watched the second of a double feature.
Want to give your family a taste of what it’s like to go to a drive-in movie? Beginning tonight and over the next several Fridays, Eakins Oval, located at 26th & Benjamin Franklin Parkway pays homage to the old-fashioned drive-in by creating their own drive-in movie experience. Celebrate yesterday, and the 80th anniversary of the drive-in with one of five features:
- October 18: King Kong vs. Godzilla & Pacific Rim
- October 25: Grease & The Blob
- November 1: The Car & Christine
- November 8: Arachnophobia & Big Ass Spider!
- November 22: Planes, Trains & Automobiles & Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
Admission is 25 cents for Enterprise CarShare members (to celebrate the price of movie tickets 80 years ago), and $19.33 for non-members. If you don’t have a car, there is plenty of room on the grass area of the Oval. Admission is free for those who arrive by foot or bike.
To buy tickets in advance and for more information, visit www.theawesomefest.com.